Carrot Cake Energy Balls
Energy balls are a go-to for my weekly routine. I have made some almond date balls or chocolate date power bars. This week, I opted for the carrot cake energy balls and boy, do they taste like a scrumptious treat! Shredding the carrots is a bit of a trick but once you get past that, they’re a piece of cake. Literally!
The Sacha Inchi protein powder builds muscles due to the protein. The seeds contain tryptophan, a precursor for serotonin. Serotonin is said to stabilize your mood. Tryptophan can help with appetite regulation. Adding Sacha Inchi seeds to your food can satiate your hunger more easily. It also has tons of Omega-3s, which combats inflammation in the brain. This means less headaches, mood swings and even depression.
Serves: About 20 energy bites
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 chopped almonds
1/3 cup almond butter or another nut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp Sacha Inchi Protein Powder (I get mine from Imlak’esh Organics. Use RIDGE10 at checkout for 10% off) *Optional*
2 Tbsp Chia seeds *Optional*
1 tsp Moon Juice Spirit Dust (Order here) *Optional*
- Chop nuts in a food processor or other mixer.
- Grate carrots. I cut the carrots in half and grate them with the side that just got sliced. Much easier than shredding the sides and slicing your knuckles open.
- Mix oats, shredded carrots, almonds, craisins (dried cranberries), cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, Sacha Inchi powder, Moon Juice and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup and mix together until well blended.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for one hour.
- Roll out one-inch balls and enjoy! Store in refrigerator for optimal freshness.
If you like these, check out some other energy ball recipes and let me know which one is your favorite!