Carrot Cake Oatmeal
I’ve been called “The Oatmeal Girl” lately for my creations with rolled and steel cut oats. Sometimes I throw them in a crock pot, others I make right then and there. Overnight oats are simple too because you can just put them in a jar in the refrigerator and they’re ready the next day. Energy balls are another staple of mine and I recently made a carrot cake energy ball. This got me thinking that carrot cake oatmeal would be just as amazing! So I put the ingredients together and dove in to a breakfast that is sure to keep you energized throughout the day. Even the Olympians are eating oatmeal for breakfast! Eat like a champ and try this for breakfast.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 cup almond milk (make your own here)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
pinch of salt
½ cup grated carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
½ cup old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free oats if necessary)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 Tablespoons of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds, divided
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
¼ teaspoon Moon Juice adaptogens *Optional*
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides *Optional*
Dried raisins or cranberries
Toasted coconut flakes
Chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, combine the milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Stir in the grated carrots and oats. Lower heat if mixture starts to boil.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. When the oats have soaked up all the milk, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, half of the shredded coconuts and half of the nuts.
- Put into a bowl and top with nuts, coconut, raisins, and cinnamon.