Almond Date Balls
Wow! These little snacks did not last long at all. They’re absolutely delicious and a piece of cake to make. The cinnamon gives it a great flavor. You could experiment with cacao powder too. The coconut flakes are optional but I think it adds a little something extra. Cinnamon is helpful for blocking inflammation and bacterial growth. It also helps regulate your blood sugar. Cinnamon can also be helpful for people with Type-2 diabetes because cinnamon stimulates insulin receptors, which increases the cells’ ability to use glucose.
Makes: 12 balls
Hands on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 cup raw almonds
1 TBS water
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp almond extract
⅛ tsp salt
1 TBS coconut flakes
- Blend almonds in a food processor with an S-blade until nuts are finely chopped.
- Set half the almonds aside.
- Add dates and process until the mixture is a fine meal.
- Add cinnamon, water, almond extract and salt in food processor and blend.
- Mix the remaining almonds and date mixture by hand in a small bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and store in the refrigerator.