Almond Joy Energy Balls
A little coconut, chocolate and almonds go a long way. Back at it again with the energy balls. Energy balls are part of my meal prep routine each week. They totally help with that 3pm energy boost. The adaptogens add a nice stress relief and the Sex Dust has a chocolate taste, which makes for a sneaky add into any chocolate dish. Cacao powder is the rawest form of chocolate. It is energizing and Imlak’esh sells it in a glass jar, which decreases chances of hormone disruption often found in plastic containers.
Serves: 24 energy balls
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, soy free
2 cups dates, pitted (about 15 dates)
2 cups almonds
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
¼ cup Imlak’esh Organics cacao powder (Use RIDGE10 at checkout for 10 percent off)
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (save ½ cup for rolling)
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1-2 T almond milk (or any other nut/seed milk) (Make your own here)
½ tsp Sex Dust Moon Juice Adaptogens (What are adaptogens?)
- Soak dates in warm water for 20 minutes. Place dates in the food processor and process until they become a ball. Break up date ball.
- Add cacao powder, almonds, ¼ cup shredded coconut, vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon almond milk, sea salt and adaptogens.
- Process for several minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball. Add 1 more Tablespoon almond milk if it doesn’t come into a ball with 1 Tablespoon.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into bite sized balls.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks.
Leave a Reply