Balsamic Chicken or Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
Angie, one of the co-leaders for the Palm Springs Energy Mastery Retreat posted a photo of these chicken and chickpea lettuce wraps. we made for our tasting. Two of the girls said that’s what sold them on the retreat. We made chickpea and chicken so people had a meat-free option! We used butter leaf lettuce, which was exquisite. You can omit the cheese and use maple syrup to make it vegan.
Serves: 4-6 wraps
Hands-on time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 ½ Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1 lb. chicken tenders or one can chickpeas
2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 pint strawberries, sliced
½ cup almonds
½ green onions, chopped
½ cup feta cheese
8-12 whole lettuce leaves (butter, iceberg or romaine)
Olive oil drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- If using chickpeas, peel the skin off so the chickpea takes on the flavor of the balsamic mixture.
- Place the balsamic mixture in a large bag or glass bowl and add the chicken tenders. Do the same thing with the chickpeas.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare two baking sheets, one for the chicken/chickpeas and one for the zucchini. Cover the baking sheet in tinfoil or use these silicone baking mats.
- Place sliced zucchini on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and any additional spices. Make room in the middle for the marinated chicken or chickpeas. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken seems cooked through and chickpeas look roasted.
- Place sliced chicken or chickpeas in lettuce cups. Top with strawberries, almonds, green onions, and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.