Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
If it were my last meal on earth, I would probably include some sort of buffalo dish. These buffalo cauliflower bites are a new twist on your traditional chicken wings. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and it is recommended you get a minimum of ¾ cup serving size of cruciferous vegetables daily. Others include kale, broccoli, bok choy, and more! According to the World’s Healthiest Foods, “like most of its fellow cruciferous vegetables, cauliflower is also a very good source of manganese—a mineral antioxidant that is especially important in oxygen-related metabolism.” Cauliflower also comes in many different colors. Who would have thought you could taste the rainbow just by grabbing a different variety of cauliflower? Purple cauliflower has especially strong antioxidant capacity because it has a high concentration of anthocyanins. Do you have any other dip suggestions for this dish?
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free* if using almond meal
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup flour or almond meal
1/2 cup water
1 T olive oil
1 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup hot sauce
Garlic Greek Yogurt Dip
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces no bigger than your thumb.
- Grease baking pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Add cauliflower and gently toss to coat each piece evenly. Transfer coated cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Add partially cooked cauliflower to large bowl and toss with hot sauce.
- Return cauliflower to baking sheet and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes, turning once, until pieces start to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make Greek yogurt dip by mixing 1 tsp garlic powder with 2 tbsp Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Cut celery stalks and use in dip!