Chili Lime Salmon with Peppers and Onions
I love making recipes on one pan. It is so easy to prepare and clean up! This salmon was packed with a tasty bite and the veggies on the side just added to the flavor of the fish. The chili-lime combo is to die for. Try it out!
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Gluten free, dairy free
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
1½ teaspoons red chilli flakes (add more or less if you want it spicier)
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon honey
4 salmon fillets
3 red bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Put tinfoil on a baking sheet or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and cilantro in a small bowl. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the salmon fillets, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet. Pour over half the marinade and toss the peppers and onions. Flip the salmon to coat with the marinade.
- Broil / grill until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes)
- Add lime wedges once finished.