Chinese Element: Water
According to the Chinese Five Element theory, winter is related to the element water. The human body and the earth are made up of 70-80 percent water. There has been the same amount of water on the planet since its beginning. This means that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only transformed. Water is in the air, on and within the earth, in many living matters.
- Supports you as a drink and carrying you on a boat, raft, and when swimming.
- Circulates blood.
- Lymphatic flow: process and eliminate wastes, fights off infections.
- Relates to the bladder and kidney organs.
- Yin energy: time to conserve energy and not be too yang (outward and active).
- Nutrition, warmth, rest.
- Flavor: salty, most water is actually salty, even in your body.
- Relates to the emotion of fear; which can block love.
- Keep warm
- Stay quiet
- Sleep well
- Be at home
- Look within
- Preserving – giving
- Late nights and parties
- Lack of rest and sleep
Haas, Elson M. Staying healthy with the seasons. Celestial Arts, 1981.