Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls
Peppermint essential oil is one of my absolute favorites. You can put it on the back of your neck if you’re feeling a little hot. It’s great for digestion and freshening your breath. These energy bites are begging to be eaten as they sit in my refrigerator. Add more or less salt depending on your taste preference. Cacao powder is energizing, which makes it helpful for staying uplifted during the holiday season.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, soy free
1 cup dried fruit (I used ¾ cup medjool dates and ¼ cup dried apricots)
1 cup nuts (I used ½ cup almonds and ½ cup cashews)
⅓ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup organic raw cacao powder
3-4 drops of Pure Peppermint Essential Oil by doTerra (order essential oils here)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon Sacha Inchi protein powder from Imlak’esh (Enter “RIDGE10” for 10 percent off)
½ cup shredded coconut
- Soak the medjool dates (if you are using them) for 15 minutes in warm water to soften, remove pits if needed.
- Blend nuts in a food processor while you are waiting for the dates to soften. The nuts should be a fine crumb/meal texture. Remove nuts from the bowl and set them aside.
- Blend the dates and apricots, ¼ cup of shredded coconut, peppermint essential oil, coconut oil, and seeds until the mixture reaches a smooth texture.
- Add the ground nuts. Blend together until everything has combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes then roll into small balls.
- Store in refrigerator for a few hours to create a firm consistency. Keep in a sealed container for up to one week or in the freezer.
Leave a Reply