Eggs provide your body with energy and vitality because they supply a complete source of protein and other nutrients. Although egg yolks contain the fat, it is still important to consume them. The yolks contain choline, which is a key component of healthy cell membranes, nerves and brain cells. They also protect against macular degeneration and cataracts because of the lutein, a carotenoid found in the egg!
Serves: 12 cupcakes
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup sliced tomatoes
½ onion, diced
½ cup spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
Bacon and sausage *optional
¼ cup cheddar cheese *optional
Hot sauce *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour a little olive oil onto a napkin and grease each cupcake holder to prevent sticking.
- If you would like to add bacon or sausage to your eggs, cook before according to directions on the package.
- Chop your veggies and grate your cheese.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl then evenly distribute into each cupcake holder. You can also mix just the eggs, salt and pepper together then create your egg cups however you’d like.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Use a knife around the edge of the egg cupcake to get it out of the pan.
Leave a Reply