Grilled Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
My cousin and I do little get togethers every once in awhile. I’ll pick a recipe, he’ll enjoy a nice home cooked meal. His roommate got in on this one and boy, did we have a hay day with this dish. It had the perfect combination between sweet and salty.
Hands-on time: 15
Total Time: 30
Gluten free, dairy free
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 15-ounce canned pineapple slices (including the juice)
1-2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 bunch asparagus
Green onions for topping
- Combine BBQ sauce, juice from the pineapples, garlic, and Bragg Liquid Aminos in a bowl and whisk together.
- Cut red bell pepper.
- Place each chicken breasts into tin foil. Add veggies and 2-3 slices of pineapple in each packet.
- Top chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce mixture. Save about ¼ cup.
- Wrap up tin foil packet. Set on grill. Cook for 13-15 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Baste with remainder BBQ sauce mixture and top with green onions.