Happy New Year
We have decided this year not to make New Year’s resolutions. Each day gives you a reason to start fresh with new goals and new opportunities. It is a chance to begin again, to not worry about tomorrow or yesterday but instead, live in the moment. So many times we make resolutions and beat ourselves up for not achieving them. Life happens. So instead of making resolutions, set an intention each day. Maybe you set two, maybe 15. Maybe it is the same one every day. But whatever it is, remain mindful of this intention and let it guide you throughout your everyday tasks. Here are some mindful intentions you might like to check out to get started:
- Be impeccable with your word: use your energy in the direction of truth, love, and other positive emotions instead of anything negative.
- Don’t take anything personally: When you take things personally, you agree with what others said. What others say and do has nothing to do with you, as people all have their own mind and thoughts.
- Don’t make assumptions: We take it personally and react negatively when making assumptions about what people are doing or thinking. 99% of the things you worry about never happen. It is always better to ask questions than make an assumption.
- Always do your best: Under any circumstance, do your best, no more and no less. But remember everything is changing. So sometimes it will be high quality, and other times not as great.
- Breathe: Take 1 minute to be mindful of your breathing. Inhale then match the length of your exhale. Taking time to quiet the mind can be extremely beneficial for your daily tasks, reduce anxiety, and even be NECESSARY in the most stressful situations.
- Frown less, smile more!
2015: Good vibes only!
Leave a Reply