What is so great about kombucha?
Are you after that morning grind and just can’t quit yawning? Need some kind of concoction to fight a hangover? What about an elixir that can improve your eyesight? Kombucha is the answer! Kombucha is a fermented tea. It has been around for centuries and has many benefits. Some of these benefits include improved eyesight, increased energy, improved gut bacteria, and an enhanced metabolism. Kombucha also destroys free radicals, which are known to cause cell damage.
I read this story about a woman who had poison oak at a young age. She began brewing her own kombucha and as she handled the SCOBY (the weirdest part of the kombucha that helps with the fermentation process. It’s a mixture of bacteria and yeast.), she began to notice breakouts similar to her poison oak. The kombucha was actually detoxing her body from the poison oak that had been stored in her body for years! Eventually these rashes went away and she was able to handle the SCOBY without any reactions.
Here are some other benefits of kombucha according to The Big Book of Kombucha by Hannah Crum and Alex LaGory:
- Rebalances homeostasis in the body
- Supports healthy liver function
- Improves digestion and bowel function
- Rebuilds connective tissue
- Reduces blood pressure
- Relieves headache and migraine
- Reduces occurrence and size of kidney stones
- Aids healthy cell regeneration
- Heals eczema
- Prevents arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- Speeds healing of ulcers
- Helps clear up candidiasis (i.e., yeast infections)
- Lowers glucose levels (prevents energy spikes)
So, if you’ve never tried kombucha, you can meet me at one of my next events and taste test a bit. If you’re in the Chicago area and you want a bottle of your own, contact me via email and we can get something set up! There are so many flavoring options and soon enough you’ll start to realize the ways this magical drink can impact your body.