7 benefits of Maca Powder
“What is maca powder and how can you use it?” you might ask. This powerful super powder has been used for centuries and it can be sprinkled into smoothies for an added benefit
- Develops clarity, focus, memory, and learning: Maca has uplifting and energizing effects and it can support mental clarity and focus.
- Increases energy: Maca powder can help to increase energy similar to coffee and tea. However, maca does not stress the adrenals like coffee and tea.
- Builds muscle and stamina: Maca improves stamina in distance racing and also helps build muscle. Try it out for a week and notice if your workout routine improves!
- Improves sexual function and fertility in men and women: It can help boost libido, increase fertility in men and women, and balance hormones. It has been used as an aphrodisiac among the native Peruvian population. Black maca would be better for men as it increases sperm count. Red maca is better for women because it balances female hormones and ovulation cycles.
- Acne treatment: When acne is related to hormones, maca can help treat the acne. This makes it better than chemically based acne drugs because there are no known side effects of maca, making it easier for the body to process.
- Reduces depression: Maca elevates the emotional mood and reduces depression and anxiety.
- Helps with menopause: Hot flashes and night sweats can decrease after using maca powder regularly.
Maca has a ton of calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous, and vitamin B, C, and E. Add about a teaspoon to your smoothies and observe how it changes your body. You can also put maca into your energy bars, tea, hot chocolate, or oatmeal.