Mercury Retrograde – Dos and Don’ts
Here it comes again. You are starting to panic because Mercury is about to be in retrograde for the second time this year. The travel delays may be more common than you think, miscommunication can occur, and everything you’re trying to get accomplished might just be a bit delayed. Mercury Retrograde might seem a bit “new-age” to you. However, this concept has gained more light recently. If you learn to work with it rather than against it, it really isn’t so bad!
The planet Mercury rules all types of communication such as listening, speaking, learning, reading, editing, researching, negotiating, selling and buying. Mercury retrogrades often create confusion. This planet rules formal contracts and agreements, and leases. It also impacts technology and travel. When Mercury is in retrograde, these areas in life spiral out of control. However, it is a great time to revisit the past. The retrograde is a good time to correct any wrongdoings. It is also a great time to accomplish things you’ve been putting off.
According to Astrology King, the beginning of Mercury Retrograde will be a bit chaotic. However, other planetary alignments can bring love, compromise, new ideas, positive change, compassion, empathy, and forgiveness.Here are the Dos and Don’ts of Mercury Retrograde.
- Creative projects
- Form new habits
- Tune into your intuition
- Reconnect with old friends
- Journal and meditate
- Re-organize, review, and reflect
- Double check documents, emails and text messages before sending
- Back up computers (try to do this before the retrograde begins)
- Bring extra maps while traveling and make sure you have enough gas
- Double check you have your belongings
- Accept that there may be frustrations, delays, miscommunications, re-dos
- Sign important contracts or documents; verbal agreements are considered the same as written agreements
- Purchase new technology, especially computers
- Launch a new project, website, or campaign
- Go on a first date
- Make any major physical changes such as plastic surgery or a drastic hair change
- Go to the dentist
- Install new software on your computer
- Buy or sell anything expensive
- Get work done on your car
- Argue or fight
- Start a new job
- Jump to conclusions with your significant other, couples tend to create miscommunications
Of course, if you absolutely must do any of these things on the “Don’t” list, you will probably be okay. However, if you are able to wait until the retrograde is over, you will experience greater results. For example, you might want a new phone. Instead of waiting, you purchase the latest iPhone during the retrograde only to the next one announced a few days after the retrograde ends. Each time Mercury enters retrograde, I like to create a list of my goals that I want to accomplish during this period. Move slow, go with the flow and Mercury Retrograde won’t be too bad.