Orange, Chocolate, Date Power Bars
In an effort to consume less processed sugar, I wanted to share with you all a no sugar added power bar. They are made with orange essential oil and some other groovy ingredients. Cacao powder gives you an energy boost and it’s packed with a chocolatey flavor. Add in this banging oil and you’re in for a sweet treat.
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free
10 Medjool dates (pits removed)
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup cashews
2 tsp Chia seeds
1-2 drops orange essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- If it is too thick, you can add a little water.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture onto parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and store in a glass container in the fridge. They will melt, so keep them in the refrigerator.