Pistachio, Cranberry, Oatmeal Energy Balls
I am usually on the go all day. I drive from one yoga class to the next and basically live out of my backpack. So I have to keep snacks in there ready to be chomped down throughout the day. Energy balls are the perfect thing. These pistachio, cranberry, oatmeal balls were an indulging mix. They’re a bit sticky with the honey but that gives it the most magnificent sweet taste. Check out my carrot cake energy balls I made the other week if you want a different approach to your energy.
Makes: 25-30 balls
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free
10-12 pitted dates
½ cup honey
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 Tablespoon flax seeds
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
1 cup dried cranberries
- Mix honey, dates, chia seeds, flax seeds, adaptogens and salt in the food processor until smooth. Add about 1-2 tablespoons additional honey if it is too thick to stir.
- Combine oats, pistachios, and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Add in honey-date mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into about 1 inch in diameter-sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered for up to two weeks.