Effective Date: October 5, 2014
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure: This site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be more than willing to follow such industry standards.
Legal Purchase Age
What Information We Collect
The following information is provided by RidgesStitches.com to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Polices. The site collects certain information when you interact with the site. For example, the Site may collect “Personal Information,” which is data that can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable law. The Site may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including, but not limited to interactive services (e-newsletters, coupons etc.); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by RidgesStitches.com; participating or responding to consumer survey or request for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Ridge’s Stitches’ products and services; or report a problem with the Site.
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of purchases of any product you carry out through the Site; and
- Details of your visit including, but not limited to, your IP address (which are numerical numbers that are automatically assigned to users’ computers and mobile devices when they are surfing the Internet), the type of browser you are using (i.e. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (i.e. Microsoft Window or Mac OS), password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources you access.
The personal information that Ridge’s Stitches may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, mailing/shipping address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, or in other communications to Ridge’s Stitches. We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
You can always update your personal information on our Site. Simply click “My Account” in the menu at the top of each page, log in, and edit and change any information. If at any time you would like us to delete any personal information on file, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name, e-mail address, and password!
What We Do With The Information
- To provide, operate, manage, maintain, and improve the Site:
This includes using personally identifiable information to enable, administer, and manage users’ Identification Activities.
- To communicate with our users:
- To share with co-sponsors:
From time to time, we may conduct promotions with one or more third-party co-sponsors. As a condition of participation in such a co-sponsored promotion, we may ask for your affirmative consent to allow us to share your personally identifiable information collected in connection with the promotion with our co-sponsor(s), with the understanding that our co-sponsor(s) may use the information for its/their own direct marketing purposes and that we will have no control over such use by our co-sponsor(s).
- To share with our service providers:
We use third-party service vendors to help us operate, manage, maintain and/or improve the Site and they may need to access information from and about our users (including PPI) in order to perform tasks for us. We require that our service providers limit their use of our users’ PII solely to providing services to us and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- To protect our rights, etc.:
- To complete a merger, sale of business or assets, etc.:
- Use and sharing of Aggregate and Anonymous Information (AAI):
INFORMATION ACCESS, RETENTION AND CHOICE
- Information Access: If you are a registered user, you can log into your account to view and update your account information. If you encounter problems, please Contact Us.
- Data Retention: By engaging in an Identification Activity on the Site, you acknowledge and agree that we may retain your PII (except for your payment card or payment account information in the event you make a purchase) for as long as you remain a user of the Site or a customer of our Products. We also reserve the right to retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce an applicable agreement between you and us. Because of its non-personally-identifiable nature, AAI (including UAI (User Activity Information) that is not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- Account Cancellation:
If you wish to cancel your account on the Site, please Contact Us. However, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to retain your information if doing so is necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), or to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us.
- Marketing/Promotional Emailing Opt-Out:
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Use of Google Analytics:
We may use Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about our users’ demographics and interests, in order to measure and improve the Site. We may also make use of other Google Analytics for Display Advertising features, such as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We are required by Google to disclose the following in connection with use of any Google Analytics for Display Advertising features:
- You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ads Settings page at https://www.google.com/settings/ads?hl=en. You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which can be downloaded at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If we use the Google Analytics for Display Advertising Remarketing feature, we will use such Remarketing feature to advertise online, and third party vendors, including Google, may show Ridge’s Stitches ads on sites across the Internet.
- We and third party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (i) inform, optimize and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the Site, and/or (ii) report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Site.
- Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by Ridge’s Stitches to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the Site, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow Ridge’s Stitches to better serve you.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of the Site. We store our users’ account information in encrypted form using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We also limit access to our users’ account information to only those of our employees, agents, contractors and service providers who need to access such information in order to perform tasks for us, and we require that they not make any unauthorized use or disclosure of such information.
In an effort to provide our customers with a secure shopping environment, we have taken the following steps:
- We use the e-commerce service vendor Shopify (shopify.com) to host the entire checkout and payment process on the Site, including shopping cart, checkout page and payment processing, for purchases made on the Site. Shopify is PCI-compliant, meaning that it complies with the Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) data security standards with respect to your credit card information.
- All payment processing is handled on Shopify’s secure servers, rather than on Black Milk’s servers. At checkout you enter and submit your credit card or PayPal account information to Shopify on a secure checkout page hosted by Shopify. Your payment information is then transmitted in encrypted form by Shopify using the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Shopify does not store your credit card or PayPal account information once payment processing is completed.
- The Site and Black Milk’s servers do not store, process, or transmit your credit card or PayPal account information.
Despite these efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and, therefore, we and our service vendor cannot guarantee the absolute security of our users’ account information. We will endeavor to notify our users if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of the Site that affects our users’ account information. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
The Site is not intended for or directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or, if you are between the age of 13 and 17, you access the Site with parental supervision and consent. You must be at least 18 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on the Site.
To contact us, please use the information below:
Ridge’s Stitches 2501 W Hampton Ave Milwaukee, Wi 53209
When ordering with Ridge’s Stitches, we take the necessary precautions to protect your personal information and credit card data. On RidgesStitches.com we employ 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts all of your private information when placing an order and transmitting that information to our systems to be processed