Purple Cauliflower Soup
In my effort to taste the rainbow, I whipped together this purple cauliflower soup. Yes, purple cauliflower is actually a thing. There is no dye in it either! There are also purple carrots and purple potatoes. However, they all taste the same. If you want to use regular potatoes, carrots, or cauliflower, that is up to you! You can use just one type of broth. I didn’t have enough vegetable broth so I just added chicken broth into it as well!
If you’re curious about how the color of your food can create different balances in your body, read this!
Hands-on time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, soy free
48 oz. chicken broth or vegetable broth, or half of each
1 head purple cauliflower, about 4-5 cups
3 small purple potatoes, chopped, about 2 cups
4 medium purple carrots, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 tsp thyme or Lake Shore Drive Seasoning from The Spice House
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil for drizzling in the pan
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Place cauliflower florets and potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Flip veggies halfway through. Veggies will be slightly tender.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 1-2 minutes, until onions are translucent. Stir in garlic and carrots. Cook veggies until fragrant and slightly tender.
- Add roasted potatoes and cauliflower to the pot. Cover the veggies with broth, about 6-8 cups. Bring soup to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer until vegetables are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and Lake Shore Drive mix to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup in batches to a food processor. Blend until creamy. Add more broth if too thick.
- Serve warm and top with spicy roasted chickpeas and olive oil drizzle.
Leave a Reply