Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
I definitely think I am addicted to red peppers! They are so flavorful and can be used for tons of different recipes. Check out the recipe for the roasted red pepper hummus. This sauce can be tossed over some zucchini noodles and meatballs. I even put it over my eggplant, mozzarella, tomato dish. Red peppers are anti-inflammatory. They are filled with antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin E.
Makes: 8 oz.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 red bell peppers, cut into 4 pieces with seeds removed
4 tbsp olive oil
½ medium onion, diced (¼ cup)
1 clove garlic
4 tbsp almond milk (make your own!)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Broil red peppers for about 5 minutes until the skins are charred.
- Peel the garlic and let it sit out for about 5 minutes.
- Place red peppers in a plastic bag for 5-10 minutes. Peel charred skin from peppers.
- Combine onions, garlic, and olive oil in a small skillet. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil, almond milk, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to a food processor.