Salmon, Cucumber, Dill Patties
Sick of your traditional burger? Want to add in a little more fish to your diet? Try this wonderful cucumber, dill, salmon patty topped with a delicious lemon, caper mayo. Dill is a great soother for an upset stomach and it helps with insomnia. Dill has the ability to prevent bacterial overgrowth. It has bone building calcium, magnesium, and manganese.
2 small cucumbers, roughly chopped
¼ large red onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 lb boneless, skinless salmon fillet
1 large egg
½ cup whole-grain bread crumbs
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp each sea salt and pepper
Lemon Caper Mayo
¼ cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 tsp lemon zest
- Place cucumbers, onion, and lemon juice in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add salmon and pulse until it becomes almost a paste.
- Add egg, bread crumbs, dill, mustard, salt, and pepper and pulse until mixed in.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and create six patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high then place patties on grill. Grill until bottoms are grill-marked (about 5 minutes).
- Flip patties and grill until the instant-read thermometer reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit (about 4 minutes).
- Stir Greek yogurt, lemon zest, and capers together in a
- Top the patties with the lemon caper sauce and serve on a lettuce bun.