Spicy Chocolate Bark
The spicy chocolate bark was another addition to our Savor the Moment chocolate and wine meditation. This was my favorite. The spice gave it just the right kick. I also made coffee, almond and coconut chocolate bark, Almond Joy energy balls and chocolate, oat, flaxseed energy balls. Let me know in the comment section which chocolate sensation you loved the best out of the four we did. Stay tuned for our next Savor the Moment experience.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25-45 minutes
¾ cup cacao powder (I get mine from Imlak’esh Organics. Enter RIDGE10 at checkout for 10% off)
1 cup coconut oil melted
⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave. I usually stick the jar in some hot water and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk coconut oil, cacao powder, honey and adaptogens in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture on the baking sheet, about ¼-½ inch thick.
- Top with cayenne pepper and sea salt. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes until set.
- Break into 20 chocolate bark pieces.