Teriyaki Salmon Macro Bowl
If you haven’t caught on yet, I pretty much will eat anything out of a bowl. My little sister, Grace, makes these awesome ceramic bowls and I just can’t get enough of them. The day she gets her own place and takes them back is going to really end my cooking career. I guess you could say I’m a little attached. All jokes aside, this bowl was probably one of the best things I have eaten out of Grace’s ceramics.
I’m headed to this retreat in Palm Springs next month and cannot wait to share some of my dishes with everyone! This Teriyaki Salmon Macro Bowl couldn’t have turned out better for our tasting. I learned how to soft boil an egg while making this bowl and now I’m hooked. I even made my own teriyaki sauce that is soy free!
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
⅓ cup teriyaki sauce (make your own soy-free teriyaki sauce here)
2 4-oz salmon fillets
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup shredded cabbage
½ cup kimchi or shredded carrots
1 soft boiled egg, divided between two bowls
½ bunch green onions, chopped
½ avocado, sliced
- Place salmon fillets in a baking dish or glass container.
- Pour ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce over salmon fillets. Use a spoon to make sure the sauce covers the fish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to four hours.
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Grease a baking sheet or use these silicone baking mats.
- Chop broccoli and mushrooms and place on half of the baking sheet. Put the salmon on the other half, skin side down.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli and mushrooms are roasted and the salmon is cooked through. The salmon should flake easily.
- Cook the quinoa while the salmon and broccoli is roasting. You can prep quinoa in advance and reheat it!
- While the quinoa, salmon, and veggies are cooking, soft boil an egg. Put enough water in a pot to cover an egg. Let it come to a simmer and place egg in with a slotted spoon. Cook for exactly six minutes. Peel and half.
- Grab two bowls. Arrange ingredients in the bowl. Squeeze a little lime juice and drizzle the rest of the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!